The Department of Ecology of the French Institute of Pondicherry invites application for the post of Researcher in plant Ecology(permanent position). Check attached document for details. Last date of submission of application is 21 September 2018. Candidate should apply by sending motivation letter + CV by email at: email@example.com
Researcher in Plant Ecology and/or Conservation Ecology
- Position: Researcher in Plant Ecology and/or Conservation Ecology
- Place of work: French Institute of Pondicherry, Puducherry, India
- Mission: Research in forest ecology, conservation ecology and land cover reconstruction under the authority of the head of the Department of Ecology
- Salary level and conditions for junior scientist (1 to 5 years of experience): 44-53000 INR/Month. Salary level for senior scientist (> 5 years of experience): 60-70000 INR/month according experience
Essential Educational qualifications
- PhD in Ecology
- Fields of specialization: Biology, Forest Ecology, Plant Biodiversity, Conservation Ecology
Knowledge and skills
- Strong theoretical background in plant ecology, functional and evolutionary ecology and/or conservation ecology
- Plant taxonomy, methods and tools of identification (in-depth knowledge of the South India Flora and Indian ecosystems);
- Autonomy in statistical analysis and R language programing;
- Ability to integrate palynological studies with land cover reconstruction
- Ability to independently plan and execute research projects including field work, analysis, publishing and communicating results;
- Ability to apply for external grants and to participate in interdisciplinary projects with other teams/departments;
- Awareness of coastal and wetland ecology,
- Good knowledge of the Indian biodiversity conservation regulations and institutions;
- Proficiency in English language, including written scientific communication.
Candidate should apply by sending motivation letter + CV by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of the receipt of the application is 21 September 2018 (midnight, Indian Time). Shortlisted candidates’ interview the Friday 5 October, 2018.
Final Decision: 8 October and Position start: November 2018 according agreement.